We do have an open submission policy for programming at PLUG, however, please consider the following criteria for each series before submitting.
Exhibitions in the Main Gallery: PLUG will host 6 exhibitions per year in our main gallery space at 1613 Genessee. PLUG aims to introduce new work to Kansas City’s Arts Community (Artists who already have a significant presence in the Kansas City Art Scene will not be our focus. Artists who have had a solo or two/three person show in Kansas City in the past two years will likely not be prime candidates for shows at PLUG. Artists with existing local exposure should, however, submit work if they wish to be considered for external collaborations PLUG might initiate with artist spaces in other cities, as well as features in the extended exhibition space on the PLUG Blog). Click here to download our Main Gallery floor plan
Exhibitions in the Solo Space: in addition to the exhibitions in our main gallery, PLUG hosts concurrent solo exhibitions of Kansas City artists in our recently renovated Solo Space Gallery adjacent to our Main Gallery Space. Solo Space is specifically dedicated to the work of Kansas City artists who do not have representation with other galleries in the city. We except proposals for the Solo Space on the rolling basis. Our solo shows are accompanied by a modest stipend. Click here to download our Solo Space Gallery floor plan
• PLUG will encourage and foster collaborations with other artist-run spaces and artists who would like to explore the role of artist-as-curator.
• PLUG will demonstrate range of aesthetics and disciplines.
• PLUG will show work that provokes conversation and dialogue and enriches the existing scope of art in the Kansas City area.
• PLUG will show work from local, regional, national and international artists.
To submit your work for consideration to be included into PLUG’s programming in the upcoming year, please send an email to INFO@PLUGPROJECTS.COM with the following:
- 1 PDF
– Biography (less than 300 words)
– Artist Statement (less than 500 words)
– Show Proposal
– Website Link
- 5-8 Images / Media
JPEGs, GIFs, or PNGs
For video, audio and other time-based media, links are preferred